Here is the recipe for the spicy condiment.
Abkhazia - Adjika
15 fresh hot red peppers
8 garlic cloves
1 large celery stalk
1 large red bell pepper, cored and seeded
2 cups chopped dill leaves
1 and ½ cups chopped cilantro
⅓ cup chopped peanuts (use walnuts instead)
- Add the hot red peppers and chopped celery stalk to a pot of boiling water (enough to cover the contents)
- Boil for 5 to 10 minutes or until softened
- Switch off and add some ice cubes and then drain immediately
- Combine all other ingredients along with the boiled stuff except vinegar and salt in a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste is achieved.
- Mix with vinegar and salt in a bowl, allow to sit for 30 minutes
- Store in a jar
Here is a map for dummies like me who had no idea where this country was located... It was nice to take time and read about places you never knew or would never go to!
Next in line is Afghanistan! that should be easy, isn't it?