Bezar spice mix recipe is a unique blend used in Emirati cuisine. Blended with ghee, this can be added to soups, stews, dry rubs, roasts, etc.
Emirati Spice mix (Bezar)
Bezar spice mix recipe is a unique blend used in Emirati cuisine. Blended with ghee, this can be added to soups, stews, roasts, etc.
Servings: 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- ½ tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 dried rec chillies
- 2 inch cinnamon sticks
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- Grind all the whole spices in a spice grinder or coffee grinder until almost fine.
- Stir in the turmeric powder and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Transfer to a dry jar and let it cool for a few minutes before you put on the lid.
- Store in an air-tight container.