I was hoping to bake another batch with a toffee sauce topping so it can be a dessert but by then my whole diet needed required attention. Last year, I had a short stint with a low carb diet with a paid nutritionist which looked promising but went downhill for many reasons and one being I was asked to eat 7 eggs a day! I never could eat more than 5 but kept lying to her that I did. It was not fair so I quit quietly.
DIY Non-stick Spray
Eggless Dates Muffin Recipe
½ cup hot milk
¼ cup sugar*
¼ teaspoon vanilla essenceDry items
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
*If I have to make these dates muffins again, I would try replacing the sugar with some erythritol or stevia or any natural sugar like jaggery or coconut sugar.
- Soak the wet items in a bowl for 10 to 15 minutes and grind to a smooth mixture
- Preheat the oven to 180c with the top-bottom heating setting with the wire rack on level 2
- Grease the muffin tray with DIY non-stick spray or use muffin liners
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk it to combine
- Fold the ground date paste mixture into dry just enough to get together taking care not to overmix
- Fill muffin cups around ¾ – all the way full
- Bake for 15 to 18 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the muffins to slightly cool before enjoying
- Serve with tea, coffee or espresso!
Did you like my current blog theme? I am still working on it and hopefully, it should be ready soon. Do let me know if you have any trouble navigating.