Buttery and creamy pumpkin pie oatmeal porridge with the flavours of homemade pumpkin butter with a hint of pumpkin spice mix is something I love to wake up to. Dessert for breakfast anyone? Yes, please!
By making a jar of my pumpkin butter, you can elevate this creamy and buttery oatmeal to a whole new level of Fall deliciousness.
Is pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?
Were you aware that tomatoes are considered a fruit? so are eggplants? Botanists consider any product bearing seeds as a fruit, making pumpkin a fruit, technically. However, due to their less sweet and more savory nature, we laymen tend to categorize them as vegetables. On the other hand, a botanist classifies them solely based on their anatomy.
I often get asked—Why do I call it oatmeal? Is oatmeal the same as oats?
Are oats and oatmeal the same?
Oatmeal involves specifically preparing oats, but beyond that, you can use oats in various forms and recipes.
Can we have oats on a low-carb diet?
Short answer, Yes!
Even during my low-carb eating days, I do include oats, it never hurt. The key is moderation and the secret would be to know how much is too much or just right, which only your stomach can tell and maybe your dietitian. For my bowl of oats, I stick to ⅓ or ½ cup of rolled oats but never more than that. It may look too little to satisfy your hunger but once you load it up with other ingredients that are fat-rich, you will feel satiated.
How to make Pumpkin pie Oatmeal?
Making pumpkin pie oatmeal is as easy as just adding pumpkin butter and cream to the bowl of prepared oats. 🙂
- Boil and cook oats with water
- Stir in butter and cream
- Stir in the pumpkin butter
- Add the toppings
If you have never tried adding butter to your oats and you love butter then you just found your new comfort food!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
For the oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats (see notes)
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- 20 grams butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or any milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter add more if you want
- pumpkin seeds chia, pumpkin, sunflower etc.
- chopped nuts walnuts, almonds, etc.
- dried fruits dates, raisins, fig, etc
- honey (optional)
- Boil oats and water with salt until cooked completely.1 cup rolled oats, 2 cups water, salt to taste
- Switch off and stir in the butter, heavy cream and pumpkin butter. (If using salted butter then skip the salt in the first step). Let it cool to a temperature you like to eat.20 grams butter, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- Garnish with the toppings of your choice of nuts, fruits, dry fruits, seeds etc.pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts, dried fruits, honey
- You can replace the pumpkin butter with any nut butter or apple butter
- You can replace half of the water with any kind of milk
- You can replace heavy cream with buttermilk or coconut cream
- Use any kind of oats you already have and cook them as per pack instruction
If you have never had pumpkin pie, this is a sign for you to try it.