Remember I told you that I got to buy a lot of stuff from LuLu in Khobar? I also got some dry fruits like apricot and figs. I thought of just adding it to our breakfast bowl until I saw this recipe on Raf's blog. The timing couldn't be perfect! F finally replaced the cell on our weighing machine! :-O After seeing the figure on it, I wanted to starve endlessly and wonder how could this happen. I have a light homemade meal every day and hardly indulge on weekends! So I decided no more sugar, no more desserts etc.
Anjeer ki Kheer Recipe | Dried Fig & Rice Pudding
- 2 and ½ cup full-fat milk
- 6 dried figs
- 4 whole cashews
- 1 and ½ tablespoons basmati rice grains
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ⅓ cup jaggery powder
- A good pinch of saffron soaked in 1 tablespoon of warm milk
- a dash of rose water
- Saffron strands
- a few Pistachios
- Soak the dry figs and cashews in ½ cup of warm milk for 2 to 3 hours.
- Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Use a mixie grinder or processor to make a coarse paste of the soaked fig and cashews.
- Heat the remaining milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and wait for it to boil.
- Add the soaked rice and reduce the flame to low - cook until the milk is reduced to half.
- Add the fig cashew paste, saffron milk, and cardamom powder and cook for 6 to 8 mins stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the jaggery and rose water and switch off.
- Serve warm or chilled garnished with saffron strands and crushed pistachios.