I use this Garam Masala for all south-Indian savoury food recipes.
Malabar Garam Masala | Our Family Recipe
a garam masala blend of whole spices used in Malabar cuisine and south-Indian dishes.
Servings: 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon green cardamom 10gms
- 1 teaspoon cloves 2gms
- 2 inch cinnamon stick 2gms
- 1 star anise (or ¾ teaspoon aniseed)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds 15gms
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns 2gms
- 1 a small piece of mace optional
- Add all the ingredients into a spice grinder.
- Pulse a few times and grind until almost fine powder.
- Transfer to a wide bowl to cool down.
- Store the spice mix in an airtight container.