Just 4 ingredienof ts bread
I have tried using olive oil and ghee but my personal favourite is butter. It is best to use it in the soft or melted form to make the batter.
- Almond flour: store-bought or homemade can be used. You may replace almond flour with 25gms flax meal
- Baking powder: indispensable
- Butter: salted, weighed and melted. You may replace it with melted ghee or olive oil.
- Egg: medium or large size egg.
How to make 90 seconds of low carb single-serve almond bread?
|Use a bread knife to slide perfectly|
Keto or not, LCHF or not, whatever diet you are on or not on, this single-serve almond bread is a must-try. When you run out of bread, make one of these. When you want to feel less guilty about having indulged, make this for the next meal. When you have to use up the almond flour stash, make this or my cherry almond muffins 😉 What I am trying to say is you don't need to be on a certain diet to make this bread.
Low Carb Single Serve Almond Flour Bread
- 10gms unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons almond flour (¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste (Only add if you used unsalted butter)
- 4gms butter to toast the bread
- Optional items: chilli flakes, dried herbs etc. or sweetener, cinnamon powder or cardamom powder, vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and let cool.
- Whisk the egg into the bowl of melted butter until combined. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt until a smooth batter (you may add a choice of herbs and chilli flakes for savoury and sweetener and cinnamon or cardamom for a sweet treat)
- Grease very lightly a microwaveable or oven friendly 4x4 square pan or a round pan or flat bottomed mug.
- Transfer the batter into the greased pan using a rubber spatula (so nothing is left behind). Spread and level the batter, and tap the pan to settle all the air bubbles.
- Microwave on full power for 1 min and 30 seconds or bake in preheated oven for 6 mins at 190c.
- Remove the slice and let it cool for a min before you slice horizontally to make a sandwich.
- Toast the sandwich on a pan with the remaining butter.
- Make your desired sandwich and serve.