Towards the end of Ramadan, I was too happy too quick when I could wear some of the clothes that had stopped fitting me. Just a week post-Eid, I had to pack them back away LOL. Unlike last year, this year I have been able to maintain the weight despite the deep-fried food every day. Alhamdulillah. This week, I have slowly started to work out at home - and currently with two sore thighs. 😝
Btw, the tall tumblers are from IKEA, the tray and the spoons from a local store because I know that would be the first questions I get asked.
Alrighty, this falooda is something I came up with whatever I had in the fridge and I am so glad it turned out so much like a real falooda. If you do not have VIMTO, you can just replace it with Rose syrup, Rooh Afza, vanilla essence, etc. I did not have falooda sev, so used the normal vermicelli and used chia seeds instead of sabja seeds. I have used fresh mango, chopped finely, you can choose to use mango pulp too.
I had made a VIMTO flavoured no-churn ice cream so I used that in this Falooda. The berry fruit cordial, the mango, the pomegranate, and the crushed pistachios with the soft VIMTO ice cream - all complimented each other superbly. You can add more nuts and fruits and make it richer. Use a tall glass and ensure all ingredients are cold. Assemble and serve immediately!
VIMTO Mango Falooda with VIMTO Ice Cream
FOR VIMTO No-churn ICE CREAM - 4 scoops (Make a DAY AHEAD)
½ cup whipping cream (very cold)
¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon VIMTO ( or any flavoured essence like Vanilla, banana etc that pairs well with Mango)
FOR MANGO FALOODA ( Divided into two tall glasses)
2 tablespoons VIMTO
2 tablespoons Chia seeds, soaked
¼ cup cooked vermicelli, cooked as per packet instruction (or use falooda sev)
1 ripe mango, chopped finely
¼ cup cold milk
2 to 3 scoops of VIMTO ice cream
2 tablespoons pomegranate (optional)
2 tablespoons slivered pistachios
TO PREPARE ICE CREAM
- In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and VIMTO until combined and keep refrigerated
- In another bowl add the cold whipping cream and use the electric mixer to beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. For about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream into the VIMTO mixture constantly folding until everything is combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer box and freeze for 4 to 5 hours or overnight
TO PREPARE VIMTO MANGO FALOODA
- Start with a tablespoon of VIMTO into each serving glass
- Add a teaspoon of chia seeds or basil seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cooked vermicelli or sev
- 2 tablespoons chopped mango and a few pomegranates
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon of ice cream
- a dash of VIMTO and repeat the same until you reach the top of the glass or until the ingredients last
- Top with one or two scoops of VIMTO Ice cream, chopped pistachios, and a dash of VIMTO
- Serve immediately
TRIED THIS RECIPE?