This VIMTO Mango Falooda with VIMTO ice cream because I want it all the way VIMTO up! 😋
This falooda is something I came up with whatever I had in the fridge and I am so glad it turned out so much like a real falooda. Summer or winter, we love cold tall tumbler of falooda with seasonal fruits. Unlike Vimto flavoured chocolate cake or Vimto tiramisu, this falooda can be made in a jiffy.
- Ice cream: I have included a small batch no-churn vimto ice cream recipe. This will need a day before you can use it. You can save time and effort by skipping the ice cream steps. Use store-bought vanilla ice cream and whisk in a few tablespoons of VIMTO and refreeze for a few minutes.
- VIMTO: If you do not have VIMTO, you can replace it with Rooh Afza
- chia seeds: You can replace this with sabja seeds (basil seeds)
- cooked vermicelli: I did not have falooda sev, which would have been the authentic falooda.
- chilled milk: You may use any kind of chilled milk.
- ripe mango: Frozen or fresh or any other seasonal fruits like berries or apple
- pomegranate: optional
- pistachios: or any other nuts
VIMTO no-churn ice cream
With just three ingredients and 4 to 6 hours of chilling time, you can make a small batch of VIMTO flavoured ice cream. You don't need ice cream maker or eggs. Just whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and a few tablespoons of VIMTO. But let me tell you a fact, you don't need to make this ice cream.
Save time and effort by using a store-bought vanilla ice cream. Take some portion out, whisk in Vimto and refreeze to use. Or just scoop and serve the ice cream over the falooda with a drizzle of vimto.
How to make it?
I had made a VIMTO flavoured no-churn ice cream so I used that in this Falooda. The berry fruit cordial, the mango, the pomegranate, and the crushed pistachios with the soft VIMTO ice cream - all complimented each other superbly. You can add more nuts and fruits and make it richer. Use a tall glass and ensure all ingredients are cold. Assemble and serve immediately!
This Mango Falooda recipe serves two tall glasses and the quantity can be doubled to make more. You can make the ice cream a day ahead or feel free to use store-bought ice cream and just drizzle some VIMTO over it for the flavour.
VIMTO Mango Falooda
FOR VIMTO No-churn ICE CREAM - 4 scoops (make a day ahead)
- ½ cup whipping cream chilled
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon VIMTO see notes
FOR MANGO FALOODA (Divided into two tall glasses)
- 2 tablespoons VIMTO
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or basil seeds (soaked)
- ¼ cup cooked vermicelli cooked as per packet instruction (or use falooda sev)
- 1 ripe mango chopped finely
- ¼ cup milk chilled
- 2 scoops VIMTO ice cream
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate optional
- 2 tablespoons pistachios chopped
PREPARE ICE CREAM
- In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and VIMTO until combined and keep refrigerated
- In another bowl add the cold whipping cream and use the electric mixer to beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. For about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream into the VIMTO mixture constantly folding until everything is combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer box and freeze for 4 to 5 hours or overnight
PREPARE VIMTO MANGO FALOODA
- Add the items in the same order into each serving glass and repeat until you reach the top.
- Start with a tablespoon of VIMTO into each serving glass.
- Add a teaspoon of chia seeds or basil seeds.
- Add a tablespoon of cooked vermicelli or sev.
- Add two tablespoons of chopped mango and a few pomegranates.
- Add a tablespoon of milk.
- Add a tablespoon of ice cream.
- Add a dash of VIMTO and repeat these until you reach the top of the glass or until the ingredients last.
- Top with one or two scoops of VIMTO Ice cream, chopped pistachios, and a dash of VIMTO. Serve immediately